7 Superb Automation Tool For IT Teams
The world is moving forward at a jet’s speed, and the various tool and software make the crux of it. Every organization, regardless of its size, relies on automation to build a robust infrastructure and quality products. Sensing this changing demand, most universities are also customizing their curriculum accordingly.
To be qualified for the market demands, many students are opting for such coursework help secure better jobs. Many are not even shying from recruiting professional assignment help to better understand Continuous Integration, Continuous Development, and other DevOps methodologies. There are tons of new automation tools that are changing the dynamics of Information Technology.
Nine Tools That Can Shake The IT World
The tagline of Selenium is – “Selenium automates browsers. That’s it!” This statement makes it clear that Selenium does one job, and it is a master in it – automating web application testing. According to most tech experts and market ratings, Selenium is the number one software to automate web testing tools.
This tool offers outstanding performance, with open-source automation testing tools that we can execute across different operating systems and browsers. It also plays a supporting role to a execute and automate several programming languages. 51% of customers in the United States use Selenium in their home and office systems. In the Software Testing Tools category also, Selenium maintains its numero uno position with a market share of about 26.4%.
Key Features –
- It helps to create advanced and complex automation scripts.
- Selenium provides the base for many other software testing tools.
- Provides excellent support to execute tests parallelly, reducing test execution time drastically.
Appium is another leading automated testing tool with open-source licensing. This tool is primarily created for mobile applications only. It certainly lives up to its expectations, as it provides amazing support and automation of hybrid, native, and other mobile web applications across Android and iOS platforms.
Appium is based on server architecture and makes use of vendor-provided automation frameworks. As a result, it is easy to set up and use. In recent years, Appium has gained immense popularity and stability, thereby emerging as one of the best mobile automation testing tools.
Key Features –
- Efficiently automates mobile apps from any test framework and language.
- With Appium, you don’t need SDK or recompiling of the app to test native apps.
- Drives Android, iOS, and Windows apps seamlessly using the WebDriver protocol.
Katalon Studio is a super-efficient automation tool that does exactly what it claims in its tagline – “An all-in-one test automation solution.” This software automation tool supports both mobile and web-based apps and provides the perfect automation solution.
Katalon Studio can work by syncing with other automation tools like Appium and Selenium, making the API, mobile and web automation tests simpler than ever. Users can also integrate this tool with other tools like qTest, JIRA, Git, Kobiton, Slack, and many others.
The fact that it is the recent recipient of the prestigious Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice Award proves the stability and robustness the tool offers.
Key Features –
- An extremely versatile tool that can run effortlessly on Windows, macOS, and even Linux.
- You need basic programming skills to operate this tool.
- With hundreds of built-in keywords, you can make test cases easily.
Cucumber is a Behavior Driven Development tool that runs on an open-source platform. Many leading tech giants feature in the client list of Cucumber, including Canon and PayPal. It also supports several languages.
Since Cucumber only supports web environments and not mobile and APIs, it is not used by more than 20% of testers worldwide. Although it is not the most used automation tool, none can deny that it is certainly one of the most efficient. Cucumber was created with the idea to deliver enhanced end-user experience, and it lives up to that claim with its features.
Key features like –
- The tool is programmed with Gherkin, a test code in simple English.
- Users can execute the codes on different frameworks like Selenium.
- It also supports different language support like Java, Ruby, Groovy, Scala, and others.
HPE Unified Functional Testing
Hewlett Packard, the famous computer and gadget manufacturing company, developed this automation tool aiming mostly the cross-platform users. This tool was previously known as QuickTest Professional (QTP). HP launched HPE to bring testers and developers under a single roof by providing top-notch automation testing solutions. So, it became popular among IT testers within a short time with its simple and cost-effective model.
HPE has a vast spectrum and can seamlessly automate several applications, including Web, Desktop, SAP, Oracle, Java, Visual Basic, etc. It can automate a long list of development environments and also aids in the automation of software testing.
Key Features –
- It does regression and functional testing on a simple UI like a native GUI or web interface.
- Supports even data-driven testing processes.
- Uses simple scripting language like VBScript
- You can easily shift between different platforms and browsers with its cross-platform functionality.
This automation testing tool for SAP is often regarded as the undisputed leader in the automated testing of Enterprise Packaged Apps. It certainly offers a next-level seamless automation platform with the help of Agile and DevOps. This tool is designed to take on the most complex automation problems in the world.
This platform is created to meet the requirements of big companies that deal with critical mission-based business processes. It helps in testing the software, which is vital across numerous systems and applications.
Key Features –
- WorkSoft offers only a code-free continuous test automation platform.
- It also acts as an integrated test data management tool.
- We can use this to automate testing of other software like, Concur, SuccessFactors, Ariba Network, Syclo, SAP Fiori User Experience(UX)
- We can also deploy it if the SAP project is in the upgrade, implementation or maintenance stage.
IBM Rational Functional Tester
This commercial automation testing tool from IBM focuses mainly on regression and functional testing. IBM RFT is an excellent choice for data-driven and GUI testing as well. IBM is one the major players in the IT industry; they have identified some key concerns in the testing automation process, with one of them being limited support to development environments. So, it ensures seamless support to numerous environments like Net, Siebel, Java, SAP, Flex, PowerBuilder and Dojo, being the most notable names.
Key Features –
- Supports both the most widely used scripting languages – Netand Java
- Storyboard testing feature aids in visualizing and editing using application screenshots and natural languages.
- Easily gets integrated with the IBM Rational Quality Manager tool.
Telerik Test Studio
This is one of the best automation tools that are loved by Developers and Quality Assurers alike. IT testers can use Telerik to get a comprehensive test automation solution as it provides a stable platform for testing all kinds of applications – desktop, mobile, and Web.
The cross-browser support of Telerik test Studio is highly rated for its unique record and playback tools. These tools are best-suited for loading, GUI performance, and API testing. So, you can use Telerik Test Studio to automate several applications that are built on platforms like –
- PHP and many more
Additionally, it also supports Android and iOS applications.
Key Features –
- Supports scripting and real coding languages like C# and VB.Net
- You can allow scheduled tests and execute tests simultaneously.
- Boasts of compact test reporting features.
This is a flagship product from Smartbear, one of the leaders in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation. Sap UI is a functional testing tool that works on an open-source platform. Like most automation testing tools, it offers API Test Automation Framework for REST (Representational State Transfers) and SOAP (Service Oriented Architectures).
However, it doesn’t provide any support for mobile or Web testing. So, you can use it only for testing applications that are API based.
- We can easily reuse scripts.
- You can allow asynchronous testing.
- Ease of use with simple drag and drop, and point and click features.
It is impossible to make software that is 100% bug-free. There will always be certain issues and glitches that need to be eliminated before final deployment. The best way to do that is by running the software through testing software. The tools mentioned above does this exact job with élan. This major testing software makes the whole process of making the software perfect by automating the entire process.
Also Read: The Complete Guide To Mergers And Acquisitions Support