How Do You Kill Mold In The Air?

mold in the air

Mold is a common problem in many households and offices. It can grow on walls, furniture, and even in the air. It spreads quickly, and it can be dangerous to your health. If you want to learn how to kill mold in the air and your home, this article is for you.

Can Mold In The Air Kill You?

Much misinformation is circulating about mold and its potential health risks. So, let’s start by clearing up some of the myths.

Mold is not a bacteria. Mold is a type of fungus. Some molds, such as Penicillium, are desirable in foods, while others can be dangerous to your health. Since mold is a fungus, it can grow anywhere there is moisture. That includes inside your house or apartment. There are millions of different types of mold that thrive in different habitats. Mold only becomes a problem when it is found in damp environments where the conditions are right for it to grow. Moreover, it could include leaky pipes, plumbing fixtures or appliances, damp basements, or flooded areas inside or outside your home. 

Many types of mold are also found in everyday household items such as cardboard or fabrics. Breathing in these spores can cause various health problems, including asthma and other respiratory issues. For this reason, it is essential to have the mold removed as soon as you discover it in your home.

People with chronic lung diseases, such as COPD or cystic fibrosis, may also be at an increased risk of infection from mold. Infants and young children may also be more susceptible to illness caused by mold due to weaker immune systems. While most people will not experience significant health problems from mold exposure, there are several other effects it can cause. These include eye irritation, coughing, headaches, fatigue, and a runny nose. In extreme cases, exposure to mold may cause more severe problems such as vomiting, nausea,

muscle and joint pains and loss of consciousness. Call for Mold  Air duct cleaning in Atlanta, Read Also: How To Clean Mold Out Of Ductwork

How Can I Get Rid Of Mold?

There are several ways to get rid of mold in the air of your home and prevent it from returning. The most important thing you can do is fix any leaks as soon as possible. Water and moisture are the two main things mold needs to survive, so eliminating sources of excess moisture will help to prevent mold growth. If you are concerned about mold growing in a specific area of your home, you can seal it off with plastic sheeting to prevent additional moisture from entering. You can also install dehumidifiers to draw moisture from the air and help reduce your mold growth risk. Another way to reduce the risk of mold growth in your home is to improve the ventilation in your house. Avoid keeping windows closed for long periods and open them up as much as possible during the day to let fresh air in.

How Much Time Does It Take For Someone Exposed To Mold To Become Ill?

Health professionals frequently hear from their patients and readers about their mold concerns. Mold can be a potent trigger for various respiratory diseases, including asthma. The mold spore count is highest in the winter, so it is important to keep doors and windows closed during cold and wet weather to prevent mold growth in your home. Preventing mold growth in the home is essential for preventing illness. However, mold spores can accumulate in the body over time even if you live in a well-sealed home.

It is not unusual for a patient to come into my office and tell me that they have symptoms of a respiratory infection (such as coughing or wheezing) and have exposure to mold in the air of their home in the past couple of months. People often assume that they must have come into contact with mold in the nearby environment if they are sick at home. 

However, sometimes the symptoms they see result from increased lung inflammation caused by mold that has already been present in their lungs for some time, as opposed to exposure to new mold in the home environment. In some cases of chronic lung disease, mold can be beneficial by promoting the healing of the lungs! In other cases, the mold can damage the lungs and cause difficulty breathing.

How Can You Tell If Your Symptoms Are Due To Mold Exposure? 

Your symptoms may not improve after mold exposure, even after taking the recommended medications to treat your lung infection. You may see multiple doctors about your symptoms and still feel no improvement. In these cases, your symptoms may be related to the mold growing inside your lungs.

When exposed for long periods, mold can produce toxic substances called mycotoxins. These toxins can irritate the lining of the lungs and cause swelling and inflammation, leading to symptoms such as cough and wheezing. In some cases, the toxic effects of mold can even lead to death. Therefore, it is essential to talk to your doctor if you’ve been exposed to mold and are feeling unwell so that they can refer you to a specialist for further testing to determine if you are suffering from the effects of mold exposure.

If you are concerned about whether mold is causing your symptoms, talk to your doctor about your concerns. In the meantime, you can take steps to reduce mold growth in your home by making sure it doesn’t get damp, cleaning areas that are prone to mold growth regularly, and taking the proper precautions to prevent the spread of mold spores into the air when working in an area with mold present. Don’t let a little mold scare you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *