How to Get Jobs in Germany From India in 2023
Germany is a land of promising job prospects for students who want to stand out in their professional life. The country offers an extensive choice of job opportunities to students with the right qualifications. Germany is the biggest economy in Europe and holds the 5th position in the world ranking. Students from India with advanced knowledge and aptitude have a successful track record of acquiring high management positions with 47.700 euros a year – an average salary in Germany. Gurgaon is home to a highly talented workforce as well as an extremely skilled student population, many of them highly educated and eager to migrate to Germany to explore their career options.
The necessity for Education Consultants is increasing more than ever before. As more students choose for overseas study, Nationwide Visas have the best Germany Education Consultants in Gurgaon for Indian Students, providing an overall service that fulfills to all your educational and visa requirements. You can be assured of seamless processing of your application, program documentation, and visa processing.
Nationwide Visa has been a foremost overseas education consultancy providing consultation for students aiming to pursue higher studies in Germany. We have an impeccable history of over 10,000+ immigration successes, with a victorious 99% success rate.
Our expert Germany Education Consultants in Gurgaon will provide independent and unprejudiced guidance toward your major career decision pertaining to overseas education.
How to Get Jobs in Germany From India?
The main requirement for obtaining a job offer in Germany is that you require to be a highly qualified applicant in your field and possess a state-approved university degree. This degree must be equivalent to a German degree. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience relevant to their education to get jobs in Germany from India.
An Indian applicant being a resident of a non-EU/EAA nation has a wide range of options for commencing your professional pursuit in Germany. India is a promising dominant labor market, and Germany has always been an employer’s market.
Germany is known to be the major job provider nation with an unemployment rate of 3.9%. Hence, Indians with high qualification and relevant skills can get placed in high-paying jobs. The best way to get jobs in Germany from India is to apply for it while you are studying at a university. If you have an educational degree from Germany along with a German language certification then the process to secure a job is simpler compared to those without a German language test certification. Germany is home to many automobile and Telecom giants like Daimler, BMW, Volkswagen, BMW, Allianz, Deutsche Telekom, Bosch, Siemens, etc. offering high paying job for skilled applicants. The nation welcomes worthy students to migrate and get employed in well-established industry giants.
Various Job Roles in Germany with Minimum Earnings
The lowest wage that is widespread in Germany since 1 January 2015 is 8.50 Euros per hour. This was improved in July 2021 to 9.60 Euros per hour. The year 2022 saw a further upsurge that brought minimum earnings to 9.82 Euros per hour. The right to minimum wage is applicable to all workforces employed in Germany. They may be overseas workers, seasonal laborers, mini-job employees, or apprentices. If an Indian student in Germany obtains a German Student visa, he/she is allowed to work 120 full days or 240 half days. This facility helps the aspirant to earn a decent amount to cover their daily expenses. Interns in Germany are also entitled to a minimum salary if they can satisfy the following conditions:
- The internship must be over 3 months.
- It is a not university prerequisite.
- It is not an apprenticeship.
- The internship is not voluntary.
The country is abode to some of the top industries that offer impressive salary packages to workforces. Below is the list of an average salary in Germany offered by the companies across diverse positions:
|Sector||Salary (In lakhs)|
|Banking and Finance||83371|
German Residence permits and visa
Germany has a population of 110,000 Indian nationals working and settled with a high standard of living.
Several immigrants had success in getting employed and settling down, as per the numbers, 27,241 EU Blue Cards were issued in 2018, and Indians obtained the maximum number at 7,556. Below are the ways through which you can get jobs in Germany from India.
EU Blue Card – work permit
It allows extremely skilled workers from non-EU/EEA counties to stay up to 4 years.
You should have a recognized degree or a degree equivalent to a German university degree. A job in Germany that suits your qualifications can fetch at least 56,400 EUR (2022) – an average salary in Germany. The minimum salary as per the government norms is 43,992 EUR (2022) for professions like doctors, engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and IT professionals.
Post 33 Months of residence EU Blue Card holder can obtain a settlement permit. It has no restraint on the period of stay. If you clear the German language skills (B2) test as soon as possible then a settlement permit can already be attained post 21 months.
In a nutshell, Germany is one of the best suitable nations for immigrants, where a settlement permit can be obtained in a much quicker way compared to other countries. So don’t wait and take the right decision.
In case you are not qualified for Blue-Card
If you don’t fulfill the requisites for the “EU blue card,” there’s no need to worry. Apart from the EU Blue card, there are other prospects to work and reside in Germany if the below criterion is applicable to you:
- You have a recognized university degree equivalent to a German university degree.
- You found an occupation in Germany that is in line with your qualifications.
In the above-said scenario, you can receive a residence permit that lets you work if the federal employment agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) has permitted it. As soon as you receive the job offer, contact the German embassy for further guidance on the process. Post arrival in Germany, you will be guided by the immigration office or the Welcome Center at your stay location. You can also reach out to our Germany Education Consultants in Gurgaon to get clarity on the process. So don’t wait and take the right decision.
Perks of EU Blue Card
- Equal work and salary settings for national citizens
- Unrestricted movement across the EU
- Accessibility to social rights, which entails academic, economic, social, human, and health rights, etc.
- You can take the family along
- Permanent residency rights
- EU Blue Card holders can return to their native countries for a maximum of 12 successive months without the risk of losing their EU Blue Card ownership. So don’t wait and take the right decision.
Job Seeker Visa
This visa permits you to stay in Germany for up to 6 months for searching jobs job search. The Job Seeker Visa is not a work permit. You are allowed to work up to 10 hours per week as a trial at the organization you are aiming for a full-time job.
Hence, you are not permitted to work full-time until you obtain a work visa. Post-receiving a job offer, you are entitled to the EU Blue Card application. The processing time for Job Seeker Visa is 5 – 6 months.
- A recognized university degree equivalent to a German university degree
- Proof of funds in your bank account amounting to 5,118 EUR with a minimum of 853 EUR for each month.
- Travel or Medical Insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany till you receive the work permit visa. So don’t wait and take the right decision.
Perks of Job Seeker Visa:
- It’s a faster process compared to other visas
- Obtaining a valid Job Seeker visa permits one to search for appropriate job prospects and attend one-on-one interviews in Germany.
- Post receipt of the job offer, you can apply for an EU Blue Card without exiting the country.
- Unlike most immigration visas No language test is needed for applying for the Job Seeker visa.
- Once the applicant ends 5 years of working tenure on the German Work Visa, they are entitled to apply for permanent residency in Germany.
- You can’t seek an extension of a Job Seeker visa in Germany if you are not successful in finding a job. The last option left is to return to India and re-applying for the same visa again.
- All applications can be filed at the German Embassy across Indian Consulate General Offices at locations like New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, and Kolkata. So don’t wait and take the right decision.
In case you are a graduate of the German University, then the application for a residence permit can be sent to the pertinent immigration authority. If you have not found any success with the job search during your studies, you can still get a residence permit from the immigration office (ausländerbehörde). It will provide an extension of 18 months for your job search in the country. Our Germany Education Consultants in Gurgaon at Nationwide Visas can counsel and mentor you on the residence process.