A Triple Band wifi repeater, the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 setup is very simple to operate. The Nighthawk AC3000 has a specific 5 GHz band that can support speeds of up to 1.7 Gbps, which you may increase for your computers. There are several ways to set up a Netgear EX8000 and they are given below:
- Connect your EX8000 gadget to a WPS Wi-Fi network. The easiest way to configure your EX8000 Wi-Fi extender is via secured setup, which does not need you to log into any of your computers or provide any information.
- Attach the EX8000 using the Netgear Installation Assistant. You must first connect your wifi equipment to the internet before selecting the Netgear Installation Assistant.
The Netgear EX8000 extender configuration provides a fast internet connectionIt provides AC dual band WiFi and fast WiFi performance. A Fastlane connection is established when a Netgear WIFI extender is connected to your present router.There are three basic methods for configuring a Netgear EX8000-AC3000: manually, with installation assistance, and through WPS.
Login process of Netgear Nighthawk EX8000
To login your Netgea extender follow the instructions given below:
- From a smartphone or tablet linked to your extender’s network, open a web browser.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net into the address bar of your web browser if your extender and router have distinct WiFi network names (SSIDs).
- Enter http://extender’s IP address> into the email box of your browser if your extender and router share the same Wireless internet name (SSID).
- Press ENTER
- Fill your username and password.
- Press the login button.
- To review and modify the extender’s options, choose Settings.
So here your login process of Netgear AX1800 Extender setup is successfully completed.
How to setup Netgear Nighthawk EX8000
Follow the instructions given below to setup your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000- AC3000:
- Activate your extender and choose a cable or wifi connection to link it to your internet.
- Open your preferred web browser after your PC or smartphone has connected.
- Use the URL myWiFiext.net to access the login page for the extender, and enter your username and password in the appropriate fields.
- On your PC, the Netgear Genie page will now display.
- Then, depending on how your system is set up, you have to pick one of two possibilities.
- Simply choose Save after making your selections to finish configuring your Netgear EX8000 .
Netgear Nighthawk EAX8000 setup via Manual Method
Additionally it is also known as web browser setup, the manual method. Follow the steps below to learn how to manually configure a Netgear WiFi extender:
- First, connect the Netgear extender to a plug box and turn it on.
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk extender to your router.
- Link to Netgear_ext SSID by selecting the network management.
- any web browser
- By default, go to the mywifiext login page.
- Create an account there if you don’t already have one.
- After selecting next, touch the finish button.
You have successfully finished the manual setup of your Netgear AX1800 Extender.
Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 Setup via WPS Method
WPS (WIFI PROTECTED SETUP) is the easiest way for the setup of the netgear wifi extender. Follow the instructions as written below:
- Firstly, power on your extender.
- Now press the WPS button for some time.
- Your LED indicator will then turn green, indicating that your extension and router are correctly connected.
- Do the same thing once more with the dual band range extender.
- Use the same network password here that you would for your router’s network.
- For default username and password you can check the WIFI extender manual.
- At last link your wifi system to the extended Netgear_EXT SSID .
Now your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 setup using WPS method has successfully completed
Netgear EX8000 AC3000 setup without WPS
If you want to setup your EX8000 without WPS then follow the instructions given below:
- Put your EX8000 into an electrical outlet and hold on for the LED light to stable.
- Keep the router and the extender in the same place.
- It will take some time to boost up.
- Now connect your extender with the router.
- After connecting the extender with the router , the LED light will turn green in colour.
- Open the web browser of your choice.
- Now click to mywifiext.net and fill your details – your username and password.
Now your Netgear EX8000 setup without WPS has successfully completed.
To fix the issues during the setup of Netgear AC3000 Extender follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- The primary power supply is correctly connected to the Nighthawk EX8000 extender.
- Check to see whether your electrical outlet is in good condition and isn’t broken or shorted out.
- Make use of a fast connection.
- Verify that each cable is securely connected.
- Use only intact wires.
- Put your extender inside your router’s signal range. If mywifiext.net isn’t working, double-check your spelling in the address bar.
- Upgrade your extender’s firmware to the most recent version.
- Set the Netgear EX8000 extender’s settings back to original levels.
Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 AC3000 Extender reset process
To reset the netgear setup follow the steps given below:
- Switch on your extender , the LED lights will turn green in colour.
- Now to stabilise LED lights on your extender , this will take at least 5 minutes.
- Detect your extender’s reset button.
- Now use the similarly sized object to hold the reset button for up to 10 seconds so that LED light starts blinking.
- To stabilise LED lights on your extender , this will take at least 5 minutes
Your netgear wifi extender is now reset successfully .
Mywifiext.net and Mywifiext.local are the same words, so if you are still having issues, you may verify your default login IP address, call us at our toll-free number, or chat online with one of our specialists.